3rd ODI Match NZ Vs BAN 2019




NZ Vs BAN Match

New Zealand Beat The Bangladesh

In

3rd ODI Match

New Zealand win by 88 runs

ODI 03of 03 ( NZ Win 3- 0)



New Zealand - 330/6 50/50 ov RR: 6.60
Bangladesh - 242 47.2/50 ov RR: 5.11


v New Zealand win by 88 runs and take the series 3-0
v Sabbir gets maiden ODI ton
v Southee gets six wickets
v Ross Taylor becomes the top scorer for New Zealand in ODIs



Tim Southee returned 6/65 in Dunedin on Wednesday, 20 February, to help New Zealand come away with a 3-0 triumph in the one-day international series against Bangladesh.
It’s four years to the day since Southee has taken four or more wickets in ODIs. His last such haul came against England in an ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2015 against in Wellington.



“It's been a while in one-day day cricket," Southee said. "It felt nice. I guess I'm never going to be rapid, but I know that when I'm bowling well, I'm hitting the bat hard. I feel in the last week, while I've bowled pretty well, I haven't got the wickets that I wanted as a bowler. It's always nice to get those wickets.”
Southee’s excellent opening burst reduced Bangladesh to 2/3. They were further reduced to 61/5 and had it not been for Sabbir Rahman’s maiden ODI century, Bangladesh would have had a heavier defeat than the 88-run loss they eventually succumbed to after New Zealand posted 330/6.
Southee bowled with pace and swing, and he said it was all down to putting some hard yards in the nets. “I'm still trying to get the swing out of the white ball – it's something we haven't really been able to get out for the last week," he added.
“It's nice to get that, and also I'm trying to get a bit more pace and make sure I'm hitting the wicket throughout."
Ross Taylor was another player making headlines – he scored an 82-ball 69, and in the process, became the highest run-scorer for New Zealand in ODIs, surpassing Stephen Fleming. Southee paid tribute to the Black Caps veteran.
“Ross has been a great player for a long time and it was a matter of time before he started to knock off the records," he said. “His form continues and long may it continue. He's like a fine wine, he gets better with age."
New Zealand and Bangladesh will now contest in three Tests, the first of which will begin in Hamilton on Thursday, 28 February. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.